Who are we?
Social Security Law is a specialist legal service of Canberra Community Law providing free, independent and confidential legal help.
Social Security Law can help you with Centrelink problems if you are living in the ACT. If you are living in NSW please visit https://ejaustralia.org.au/legal-help-centrelink to find your nearest specialist social security community legal centre.
Some examples of problems we can help you with:
- Appealing Centrelink decisions
- Debt recovery
- Payments cut off, reduced, cancelled and suspended
- Claims refused
If you live outside the ACT, please visit https://ejaustralia.org.au/legal-help-centrelink to find your nearest specialist social security community legal centre.
How can we help you?
We can provide initial advice on your situation and the options you have.
We may also be able to:
- Talk to Centrelink on your behalf
- Help you to appeal Centrelink decisions
- Represent you in Tribunal and Court hearings
Would you like to contact Social Security Law?
- Please call us on (02) 6218 7900.
- If you need an interpreter please call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450 and ask them to ring us.
- To contact us via the National Relay Service ring 133 677 (voice calls) or 1300 555 727 (speak and listen).
Visit the Economic Justice Australia website for factsheets on common Centrelink problems.
Visit our Social Security Law Resources for information about Centrelink issues that affect people experiencing domestic or family violence