Canberra Community Law provides free, independent and confidential legal advice and casework services. View the video above to get an overview of our services and select a link below to read more about a particular service. You can also download a transcript of the video.
We provide the following legal services:
- Dhurrawang Aboriginal Human Rights Program: provides legal assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities on ACT Public Housing, Centrelink and race discrimination.
- Disability Discrimination Law: can help you if you have been discriminated against because of your disability.
- Domestic Violence – Housing and Social Security Legal Help: provides free, independent and confidential legal assistance with Public Housing and Centrelink for people living in the ACT.
- Housing Law: can provide you with free legal advice if you are having problems with Housing ACT or a community housing provider in the ACT.
- Night Time Legal Advice Service: provides information, referral or one-off legal advice in most areas of law.
- Public Housing Duty Lawyer: At the ACT Civil & Administrative Tribunal (ACAT) each Thursday.
- Social Security Law: can help you with Centrelink and Social Security matters if you are living in the ACT or south east NSW.
- Socio-Legal Practice Clinic: can provide intensive legal and social work support.
- Street Law: providing legal help to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.