Canberra Community Law is closely monitoring the COVID-19 risk and following advice received from the ACT and Commonwealth Governments. To keep everyone safe, we will be operating a little differently.
This includes providing advice and help over the phone where possible. All Street Law outreaches will be done by phone. We will not be taking face-to-face appointments at this time. Whilst we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, the health of our people and their families, our clients and the community are our priority.
If you have any concerns or queries, please contact Ms Genevieve Bolton, Canberra Community Law’s Executive Director/Principal Solicitor via email at email@example.com or on 0417 192 780.
Check out up-to-date information on Centrelink, housing and COVID-19 offences on our new website canberracovidlegalhelp.org.au, developed in partnership with legal services in the ACT, and developed with the generous support of the Snow Foundation.
General Law COVID-19 Legal Clinic
Canberra Community Law is pleased to announce a special Thursday COVID-19 General Law Clinic operating from 6pm to 8pm. This is a telephone advice service.
Some examples of problems the COVID-19 General Law Clinic can help you with:
- Property – real property purchases, variation of contracts, special conditions (but not strata/owner’s corporation matters or disputes).
- Personal property matters
- Employment – including unfair dismissal, Job Keeper, adverse action
- Contracts – breach, variation, interpretation
- Debt (where you owe a debt – not where you are seeking to recover a debt)
- Professional complaints and occupational discipline
- Consumer issues, including refunds, cancellations etc
- Small business matters
- Commercial tenancy for tenants (not residential tenancy)
- Wills and estates
- Other civil law matters related directly to indirectly to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Family law - basic advice and referrals on parenting plans/orders, separation, divorce
Please call Canberra Community Law on (02) 6218 7900 for further information and assistance.